Mechanical Engineer / Governor Technician
The role will involve dismantling, inspection and re-building of Engine/Turbine and Prime mover governors and associated equipment.
The ideal candidate will be able to work to close tolerances and be able to use hand tools and measuring equipment and be able to demonstrate good mechanical skills.
- Apprentice trained in an engineering environment is preferable
- Experienced engineering background
- Ability to be able to apply engineering knowledge to jobs
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams
- Ability to read and interpret parts manuals
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team
- Able to take instructions from workshop supervisor and managers and carry out successfully
- Dismantle governor assemblies and similar equipment
- Use cleaning tanks to clean parts, inspect parts and identify part that are worn and need replacing
- Rebuild governor assemblies or similar equipment
- Complete overhaul reports and other documentation
- Ensure Health & Safety guidelines and practices are following in line with company policies
- Assist with problem solving issues.
- Ensure your work area is kept clean, tidy and well organised.
**Above included but not limited to. Full training will be given.
- Working hours Mon-Thu 7.45-4.30, Fri 7.45-1.00 (15 min break and 30 min lunch)
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (raising to 25)
- Sick pay after 1 year
- Occasional working overtime may be required (paid at time and a half)
- Free car park
- Uniform / PPE
- Yearly bonus
Own transport a must due to rural location.
Full time – Permanent
Salary dependent on experience £28,000 – £33,000.00
Do you see yourself becoming the next member of the EGS team?
If you feel you have expertise and skill required to be a part of the EGS team, send us your CV and a covering letter.
Contact; email@example.com or Tel; 01206 242000